Introduction of a distribution partner steering system to optimize the sales process
Initial situation and objective:
- A medium-sized manufacturer of industrial goods sells products nationally and internationally via a trading partner network.
- The management and steering of the trading partners is carried out by a small number of key account managers and without a systematic approach.
- The management suspects that growth and margin potentials are not fully captured.
- Objective: To identify areas for improvement (“pain points”) in sales environmment and to formalize and professionalize distribution partner management approach.
- Evaluation of current sales process and uncovering of “pain points” through interviews with client and personnel of distribution partner.
- Development of a 4-step approach for the steering of the distribution partner, based on a collaborative way together with the most important stakeholders of the sales process
- Development of a ‘ready-to-implement’ solution for the structured and potential-oriented steering of the distribution partner
- Introduction of the system with very high acceptance in sales and service
- Execution of all annual review meetings for A and B distribution partners along the new system already in the year of introduction